Monday 7 September 2015

Re Finished Antique Hutch Project

This was Given to my Great Aunt and Uncle over 70 years ago for a wedding gift....


It was painted Brown by them years ago.....
and lets just say it wasn't the prettiest colour or best paint job!!
This is a pic after the paint had been stripped off.

I decided to paint it......Guess what Colour!!!..... Yup....WHITE!!!

Here is the start of my project...

Looking back I remember I was just going to do a little "Test" strip of paint.....I didn't even empty it out!!!! Guess I was pretty pumped to get this started!! Considering It's been on the back burner for about 4 years!!

This is with the inside painted....I bought a house in may and made sure this was at the top of the list to finish up because I wanted to use it in my office.

Well taking a closer look....I think its best to say this is after only one coat of paint on the inside...oops..

I also found these beautiful knobs at Home Depot to put on the drawers and doors...


LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!



and the finished product.....


Ok ...So this is not a great picture.....But you get the idea! I love how it turned out!!

I will be showing this again in my home tour I plan on doing when I have everything settled and a couple projects completed :)

Until Next time!!

Cheers from the East Coast!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment